Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Even After Three Hours It Betrays Me
"We're sorry, but something went wrong.
We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."
I shuffle between two jobs at the moment. One is for an American academic tutorial company, where I mostly teach school kids how to multiply two binomials or find the final velocity of a ball thrown at an angle of 45 degrees. The other is for a multinational text answering service where I'm obliged to answer any question out of the sun, from train times to the proper etiquette of cucumber sex.
The error above was for the latter. I was happily answering texts when at about 5pm today the work platform went haywire. As I'm supposed to be working until 8:45 tonight, I have no choice but to stand by for updates, which is costing me internet cafe fees by the minute. It wouldn't be an issue if I were working right now at home--alas the new neighbors who just moved in this week has added to the already disruptive chorus of banging doors.
I'm yet to hear the reply from a prospective landlord offering a condo unit for lease in uptown QC for "flexible terms". Never mind I'll have to brave a killer highway to get to the actual location--with my peace of mind to work at home at stake, I need to move to a new place very, very soon. Here's only the hope that I'm not to be required postdated checks, yet again. The cost of opening a checking account can already pay a month's rent.
~~~
It's been three hours since the work platform went down, and I'm yet to hear any updates. I hope a proper compensation comes along with them when they come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment