Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Manifesto of Mother Datu

To be born is not exactly a wonderful thing. It's not something you've ever had a choice. You one day wake up and realize you're in a world where joy and pain dance perpetually in a cosmic pendulum. However, one is given a choice to be reborn, and this birth, unlike the first, is infinite.

The theme of change and rebirth I believe has been constant throughout my history of blogging. I started out as a love-struck teenager, and I've since become a number of persona: a powerful goddess, a nomad-pastoralist, an S&M dominatrix, a disillusioned college student, a demented prune. And the evolution goes on.

This Lady Gaga-themed blog would then be timely. The Mother Monster has since been famous as a maverick of metamorphosis, never wearing the same costume twice. She's inspired a legion of Little Monsters to be creative and be reborn endlessly as they see fit. In this light, I vow with my latest incarnation to write as I feel it, to tell stories as one deserves to hear it, and should the time come that I cease to "honor my vomit", to evolve into yet another monstrosity.

This is the Manifesto of Mother Datu. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. And I'm leaving my mark so u would know, your puppy dog has arrived to follow your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Puppy Dog! *pat pat* ^^' Paws up! (")(")

    ReplyDelete