Monday, October 31, 2011

I Can Remember, But It's All Right, A-All Right

I was prepping myself up for yet another generic Saturday night, when Christoff texted me for a night-out. An impromptu Malate trip isn't exactly one of the most pleasant invitations especially for one who's been lacking of nocturnal obligations the past few days, but who could resist an all-expense paid treat? Never mind that one does not dare refuse an invitation of one willing to cancel a previously planned sex trip just for the occasion. Yes, we weren't hunting for sex in Malate. We just wanted to have a good time.

Halloween comes only once a year, after all.

The thought would have stayed that way, if only I didn't recall now that it was exactly five years ago when we first officially enjoyed a Malate party, courtesy of a certain Louie Mar. Exactly five years ago when I felt horribly jealous of the idiot dancing beside and feeling other guys at the club. Exactly five years and a day ago, when I, kind-off, lost my virginity to said idiot.

Not a tinge of nostalgia was there when we showered ourselves over the superbass and the party dust last Saturday night. In fact, I felt Malate has lost all its magic to me, and I was more preoccupied imagining my cancer cells in my lungs growing by the minute from second-hand cigarette smoke, than the actual dance beats or the sight an effeminate twink passionately making-out and frotting with a vampire. It was a good thing we arrived late; I honestly couldn't bear to hang around there for longer.

I was relieved to learn that my companion shared the same sentiment. Whether it's the alcohol speaking or otherwise (he took my share of free drinks I wouldn't use), it was refreshing to hear him berate the pitiful shallowness of the clubbing life. Wearing what passed for a Jared Leto-inspired eyeliner makeup, he looked like a perfect emo who feared seeing himself ending up just as sorry as the stereotypical muscle-shirted crowd in their 30s and 40s, and who mused how badly he needed to pee.

I actually found the breakfast buffet at Katipunan the coming morning the highlight of our escapade. "It's being at the party that mattered," he said. And I couldn't agree more. I'm still very glad that we still hang out after all these years, never mind the hole I cut on his pocket for that day. Never mind he brags the record for "2 guys in 4 hours" the night after.

Gotta love the idiot. <3

"Time is my ally. Everything is just spinning murky at the moment; it would take time for things to settle down and clear itself out. For the mean time I'll explore and get myself used to this world I have gone in to, perhaps discover something new or two each moment. I glee at the thought of bumping at him along the way. Indeed, things will fall in their proper place. All paths we take will lead us to where we're supposed to be.

Until then, I wait. :)"

- 31 Oct 2006, 11:05am via LiveJournal

2 comments:

  1. I think Malate has lost its magic. If in any case I find myself there in the future, all I'll ever see is a dystopian world around me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @puppydog - If I find myself there in the future, I'll make sure I bring a gas mask. My poor lungs. :,(

    ReplyDelete